Keeping your lips soft and appealing should be part of everyone’s skincare regimen, however it is often overlooked. Here’s some lip care tips to keep you lips soft and beautiful.
Lip Care Tips
- Exfoliate. Yes, even your lips can use a spa treatment. A gentle lip scrub will only only exfoliate your lips of those little flakes, but it can also hydrate them. Exfoliation also helps prep your lips to absorb your lip balm. Look for a scrub that’s specific for lips and is sugar based, which is more softening than the sale or nut based scrubs used for the face or body.
- Moisturize. It’s important to keep your lips moisturized, even if you plan on wearing lip color. We recommend argan oil-based lip care products. They absorb quickly and don’t leave a thick or sticky residue. One product liked by many is Morroccan Magic’s Peppermint Eucalyptus Lip Balm, available at CVS.com.
- Add Color. Giving your lips some color with added moisturizing benefits is a smart choice. Many feel matte lip colors are too dramatic and can appear dry looking when worn during the summer and hot Phoenix months. Wear lip colors that are creamier in texture and have hydrating ingredients like jojoba oil and/or shea butter.
- Gently Clean. Look for make-up removers that are free of alcohol, which can dry out the skin and lips.
- Hydrate. Dry lips are a symptom of dehydration. Be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and help keep your lips plump and full.
As we age, our lips lose volume. At Newport Cosmetic Center, we offer Juvederm treatments to plump the lips. Juvederm is an excellent lip filler as it is long lasting and can look very natural.
When to Consider Fillers for Lips
- Your lips have always been thin and disappears when you smile
- As you age, your lips have become thinner and less full
- You feel self-conscious about how your lips look
- Having fuller lips will help balance out your face
At Abloom, we offer free consultations to see if Juvederm is needed to help give your lips volume.
Call 949-5485700 to schedule an appointment. Remember to take care of your lips, especially during the hot months.